Monday, April 26, 2010

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week...Day 1

It is Knitting and Crochet Blog Week!

The topic for Day 1 is Starting Out.

I learned how to crochet from my grandmothers when I was in elementary school. I was awful at it and gave up and didn't want to do it anymore. I learned to knit when my oldest daughter was born, from my grandmother...and was totally hooked. I made hats and baby blankets and potholders, but I still wasn't very good at it. It was something to do when I was stuck in the house with a newborn, and something to keep my mind and hands occupied. After a while I got bored with it, and put the needles away.

Then a couple of years ago I picked it back up when I was pregnant with my younger daughter. I got super SUPER into it, and surprisingly enough, I was pretty good at it this time around! I've kept at it pretty regularly, but only this year have I attempted difficult projects like my first pair of socks and a few sets of baby booties.

I also started Crocheting again. I've become a hat crocheting MACHINE. lol. Whenever I'm bored and have a couple hours and a few balls of yarn handy... I whip out a beanie hat. I also have an afghan that I've been working on over the last few months. It's my "bed project" I work on it when I'm laying in bed watching TV. The pattern is pretty repetitive so I don't have to think much about what I'm doing.

Anyways...thats my story.

I'm off to go read everyone elses!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how those of us who have rediscovered knitting or crochet after a break, have become a bit obsessed!

Lin said...

Wow, you're really good at this crochet thing! I was checking out all the photos you posted of your projects & if you haven't already, you should definitely open up an etsy shop :)