Monday, October 18, 2010

Always a Bridesmaid...

Last weekend my Baby Sister became a Mrs.

She's 24 so its not like shes a baby...but I still tear up everytime I think about it.

Living as far away from my family as I do, I don't get to spend that much time with her, and being able to hang with her last weekend, and watch her in all of her bridal glory, was pretty special.

We are very lucky to be as close as we are. I know a lot of adult women who can't say that their sisters are also their friends. I can say that, and I appreciate how special a relationship like this is.

I guess we have my Mom to thank for that. She never let us be indifferent to each other. I grew up with a sense of responsibility for my siblings and I truly believe that it made us closer as adults. I plan on raising my girls the same way.

Like any other family we have had our trials and tribulations, ups and downs and rollercoasters and all that other good stuff, but when it comes to the important stuff, we all come together and have one helluva good time.
 

I am so proud of my sister and her new husband, they planned a great day, and everything went off smoothly and it was a beautiful day. I can't wait til my girls are all grown up so Auntie Roni can plan their weddings too! (hahahahaha)








No comments: