Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I swear I still make stuff... and other news.

I've been so absorbed with all of my blog stuff lately that I was neglecting my knitting/crocheting... so when the need arose this week to make something for a friend who is having a baby in August.

So the other day I embarked on a new project...a star shaped baby blanket.

This is my progress so far, I started on Friday, and keeping in mind I didn't work on it at all Saturday, and barely at all so far today. So lets call it Day 3.

The baby is going to be a boy, and although I do already know what his name will be... I don't so much feel like embroidering his name on it...on the off chance that my friend changes her mind and names him something else.

I think that this may become my signature baby gift instead of hats and booties. It's quicker, easier for me to make, but looks difficult and I'm pretty sure that it won't be a repeat gift.

I may decide to make a matching hat with a little star on it... we'll see.

I'm still working on my afghan that  I started a few months ago...it's kind of my whenever I'm bored but don't have anything else to work on project. It's about to be summer in the desert...so it's not exactly like we have a serious need for heavy blankets. I would like to have it done before the end of the summer though so I can have it on my bed for when my sister comes to visit next fall.

In other news... I leave for my first visit "home" in two years in about three weeks...and I'm a little anxious...but I'm going with the optimistic attitude that it will all be good and fine and I'll have worried all of this time for no reason at all.

Keep your fingers crossed for me.

ANNND.... just because I felt like it, here is a funny picture of my fat black cat Athena, affectionately known around here as F.A. (short for Fat Ass).
She likes to lay on her back under the coffee table with her feet sticking out the sides. I have no idea why. lol

No comments: