Monday, November 8, 2010

My very first...

I've finally decided to start seriously attempting designing my own patterns. That has been the one thing holding me back from really making a go at turning my hobby into a business.

So my first REAL attempt at this pattern designing thing is... a Dog Sweater! I had a custom request from someone here in town to make a cableknit sweater for their Doxie... so I searched around and looked at patterns, did some measuring and some drawing...and came up with an idea.

So far I'm about seven inches in to the pattern, and it's turning out exactly how I wanted it to....I haven't even had to frog it once!

I'm not going to post a picture of it until I finish it (and hopefully find a dog to try it on before I send it to its new home...) but so far soo good!

2 comments:

Cathie Jones said...

Way to go! It's so much better to be in business for yourself!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Designing can be fun, frustrating, rewarding, maddening.........all at the same time.

Hope your sweater continues to work out. :-)

Can't wait to see it on the doxie-model.